There are additional types of Medicare health plans available, including Medicare Cost plans and Medigap coverage. The charts below provide details for each. Additionally, view our printable comparison chart. The information provided is specific to RMHP and our Cost plans.
Medicare Plan Comparison Overview
- Provides all services covered by Medicare Parts A & B, as well as additional coverage and services
- Excellent access to care through an extensive provider network
- Worldwide emergency care is available
- No referrals are required
- Out-of-network benefits are retained through Original Medicare
- May include preventive care and care management
- Hearing aid coverage and access to health club facilities included on select plans
- Replaces Original Medicare coverage
- Care offered through providers contracted with the Medicare Advantage plan
- Possible access limitations
- Referrals often required
- Some plans have $0 premiums
- Out-of-network care typically not allowed unless in emergency situations
- May offer services such as coordination of care or reducing out-of-pocket expenses
- Designed to cover the deductibles and coinsurance of Original Medicare
- Oldest type of coverage options, based on the Medicare Fee-for-Service payment system
- Most plans cover the Part B 20% coinsurance and add an additional 365 days of Part A In-Patient Hospital benefits, per occurrence
- Often have higher premiums that may increase as you age
- No network of providers
- Standard benefit design with no extras offered
- Services limited to claim payment
- Providers bill Medicare first
This page was last updated: 1/1/2018. Please call to confirm you have the most up to date information about our Medicare Cost plans.
Important Disclaimers: RMHP is a Medicare-approved Cost plan. Enrollment in RMHP depends on contract renewal. This information is not a complete description of benefits. Contact the plan for more information. Limitations, copayments, and restrictions may apply. Benefits, premiums and/or copayments/coinsurance may change on January 1 of each year. You must continue to pay your Medicare Part B premium. Other pharmacies, physicians, providers are available in our network. Medicare beneficiaries may also enroll in RMHP through the CMS Medicare Online Enrollment Center located at http://www.medicare.gov. This is not a complete listing of plans available in your service area. For a complete listing please contact 1-800-MEDICARE (TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048), 24 hours a day/7 days a week or consult www.medicare.gov. Medicare evaluates plans based on a 5-star rating system. Star Ratings are calculated each year and may change from one year to the next. The formulary, pharmacy network, and/or provider network may change at any time. You will receive notice when necessary. If you need help finding a network provider, please call 888-282-1420 (TTY 711) or visit www.rmhpMedicare.org to access our online searchable directory. If you would like a provider directory mailed to you, you may call the number above, request one at the website link provided above, or email customer_service@RMHP.org.
Let's Find A Medicare Plan That's Right For You
Since 1977, Colorado retirees like you have trusted RMHP to get the most out of their Medicare benefits. Enjoy easy enrollment, flexible options, and a large provider network when you choose RMHP. Let us help you enjoy your retirement.
Our plans offer the coverage, network, and health management resources you and your family need for your Colorado lifestyle. Get the personalized attention and quality care you deserve from your local health insurance option that has been serving our communities for over 40 years.
Healthy employees build healthy businesses, and your employees receive the health protection they expect and deserve when you partner with RMHP. Whether you’re a small business or large employer, we have a group health insurance plan that will fit your employees’ needs.