Dual Special Needs Plans (D-SNP) offer support for those individuals with both Medicare and Medicaid. Read on to learn more.
What are Dual Special Needs Plans?
Dual Special Needs Plans typically offer many extra benefits and features beyond Original Medicare. These plans also include help to coordinate care and benefits. People who are eligible can get a Dual Special Needs Plan for a $0 plan premium. Dual Special Needs Plans usually include extra benefits and features at no extra cost.
Dual Special Needs Plans typically include :
- Routine dental care with $0 copays, plus comprehensive dental services
- Credit toward glasses or contacts, and $0 copay for routine exams
- $0 copay for routine hearing exams and credit for hearing aids
- Credits to buy hundreds of approved health-related items at no cost to you, including common over-the-counter (OTC) medications
- A Personal Emergency Response System, where you can get help for emergencies 24/7 at no extra cost.
Is a Dual Special Needs Plan Right for You?
One of these plans may be right for you:
- You have full Medicaid benefits and Medicare.
- You have complex medical needs.
- You need help to coordinate your care.
- You’d like extra benefits and features at no extra cost.
These plans may be right for you if:
- You qualify for either Medicare or Medicaid, but not both.
- You have end-stage kidney failure, also called End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD). If that’s the case, please talk with an RMHP licensed sales agent to discuss your specific situation.
Enroll with RMHP
RMHP is here to help! Here’s how you can enroll in an RMHP Medicare Advantage or Dual Special Needs Plan.
Call 866-568-3706 (TTY:711), and speak to a licensed agent.
This page was last updated: 10/01/2021. Please call to confirm you have the most up to date information about our Medicare plans.
Plans are insured through UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company or one of its affiliated companies, a Medicare Advantage organization with a Medicare contract and a contract with the State Medicaid Program. Enrollment in the plan depends on the plan's contract renewal with Medicare. Other pharmacies, physicians, providers are available in our network. For a complete list of available plans please contact 1-800-MEDICARE, 24 hours a day/7 days a week or consult http://www.medicare.gov. Every year, Medicare evaluates plans based on a 5-star rating system. If you need help finding a network provider, please call 888-282-1420 or visit www.rmhpMedicare.org to access our online searchable directory. If you would like a provider directory mailed to you, you may call the number above, request one at the website link provided above, or email customer_service@RMHP.orgMulti Language Interpreter Service Information (Espanól)