Beginning July 1, 2018, RMHP is the Regional Accountable Entity, or RAE, for Region 1 of the Health First Colorado Accountable Care Collaborative. As the RAE, RMHP is responsible for connecting Health First Colorado Members with both primary care and behavioral health services for Region 1, which includes Western Colorado and Larimer County. We're here to help you understand more about the RAE. You can contact us at any time at: email@example.com. If you want to learn more, we invite you to read our RMHP RAE Resource Guide.
What is the RAE?
In October 2017, the Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing (Department) awarded RMHP the contract to serve as the RAE for Region 1 of the Health First Colorado Accountable Care Collaborative (ACC). This contract is effective July 1, 2018.
As the RAE, RMHP is responsible for connecting Health First Colorado Members with both primary care and behavioral health services for Region 1, which includes Western Colorado and Larimer County. This builds upon our foundation of our previous services as a Regional Care Collaborative Organization (RCCO), growing our community-oriented approach for Health First Colorado Members as RMHP Community.
The RAE for Region 1 includes:
- the services previously performed by RMHP as the Regional Care Collaborative Organization (RCCO), including the primary care medical provider network and care coordination services;
- the services previously performed by the regional Behavioral Health Organization (BHO), including managing covered services under the Medicaid Capitated Behavioral Health Benefit;
- the Western Colorado payment reform initiative known as RMHP Prime; and
- additional services to support whole person care, including activities to address social determinants of health.
With the transition to the RAE, the terms RCCO and BHO will no longer be used.
Please note: All providers must be revalidated and enrolled with Health First Colorado in order to participate in RMHP’s RAE network. Information can be found on the website for the Department of Health Care Policy & Financing. Please contact RMHP at firstname.lastname@example.org to access available resources to assist providers with this process.Visit the HCPF website
Role of the RAE
Support and Promote Whole Person Care
- Develop a cohesive health neighborhood where care across disparate providers is coordinated and collaborative
- Establish and improve referral processes, including use of care compacts
- Encourage collaborations and strategies with a wide range of community partners to address social determinants of health
Promote Population Health
- Develop a population health management plan to prevent the onset of health conditions and lessen the impact of health conditions on Member’s lives
- Utilize evidence-based practices and promising local initiatives, including those addressing social determinants of health
Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnostic, and Treatment (EPSDT) Benefits
- At RMHP, we are dedicated to working with you to help our Members receive the best care possible. We are responsible for the education and outreach to Health First Colorado (Colorado’s Medicaid Program) and PRIME members and providers regarding Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnostic, and Treatment (EPSDT) benefits.
- EPSDT is an important benefit for Health First Colorado Members. Those eligible for this benefit include: Health First Colorado children from birth through age 20 and adults who are pregnant, including RMHP Prime Members. This comprehensive benefit is designed to support early identification and treatment of developmental delays with the goal of improving long-term outcomes.
Responsibility to Providers
Contract and Engage with Primary Care Medical Providers
- Develop and maintain a network of participating Primary Care Medical Providers (PCMPs)
- Provide training and support to primary care practices
- Reimburse PCMPs through a value-based payment model
Contract and Engage with Behavioral Health Providers
- Develop and maintain a credentialed and contracted statewide network of behavioral health providers to provide covered behavioral health services
- Provide utilization management of covered behavioral health services
- Reimburse behavioral health providers for services covered under the Capitated Behavioral Health Benefit
- Provide training and support to behavioral health providers
To learn more about behavioral health services and the RMHP RAE, please review the RMHP RAE Behavioral Health Guide.
Payments & Attribution
Resources & Support for Providers of RAE Members
Know the Terminology
We understand initiatives like the RAE can mean new acronyms. That's why we've identified some of the common terms you'll need to know to better understand the RAE and all it entails.