Understand coverage and care for COVID-19
At Rocky Mountain Health Plans (RMHP), we're here to help you understand what's covered and how to get care related to COVID-19. And if you have other health care needs, we're here to help you understand your options for care too. We want to help answer your questions and connect you to the resources that may help support you during this time.
Remember to visit network providers and always show your RMHP member ID card for COVID-19-related testing, visits or treatment. Also, keep your primary care provider (PCP) informed of any COVID-19 testing results or care you might receive.
If you have been exposed to COVID-19 or have COVID-19 symptoms, call your health care provider right away. Use UnitedHealthcare’s online symptom checker to assess your risk for COVID-19 and get treatment options.
Over-the-counter at home COVID-19 tests
Many RMHP Members are now able to purchase over-the-counter (OTC) at home COVID-19 tests, at little or no cost to you. Review the information here to help you better understand the benefit, including where to find at-home tests and how to submit for reimbursement.
- RMHP Individual and Family plan members: Beginning January 15, 2022, RMHP will cover most individual health plan members’ FDA-authorized OTC at-home COVID-19 diagnostic tests purchased on or after January 15, 2022, without a doctor’s prescription. This OTC at-home COVID-19 test benefit includes up to 8 tests per member every calendar month.
How to get a COVID-19 test
RMHP Individual health plan members can now receive reimbursement for an OTC at-home COVID-19 test. You may do this in 2 ways:
You can get OTC at-home COVID-19 test(s) at no out-of-pocket cost if you:
- Visit a Participating in-store pharmacy counter. For updates on participating pharmacies and additional information on COVID Tests, visit UnitedHealthcare Preferred Retailers.
- Please be sure to check a Preferred Retailer's website or mobile app for available test inventory and store hours before you visit an in-store pharmacy counter at one of the Preferred Retailers.
- Show your Member ID Card
- You may submit receipts through a COVID-19 reimbursement form (pdf).
- Maximum reimbursement of up to $12 per test
- Many COVID-19 tests are sold as a 2-pack kit (up to $12 for each test) and would be reimbursed at a maximum of up to $24 per kit
- Shipping costs are not reimbursable
OTC Test Information through Optum Store
UHCSR health plan members with an OptumRx logo displayed on their member ID card can order OTC COVID-19 tests directly from the Optum Store for no out-of-pocket cost.
Steps to accessing COVID OTC Tests on the Optum Store:
- Visit the Optum Store and navigate to the COVID-19 At Home Test page.
- Select one or more of the test kits on the store's site that indicates “Insurance Eligible”. You will be presented with an option to purchase the test with or without insurance.
- If you choose without insurance, the test kit is still no charge to you but you will need Sign In with your Optum RX account
- If you choose to add insurance, complete all the required info on the Add Insurance screen and follow the on screen prompts to complete the transaction.
Note: Select OptumRx as your carrier; in the member ID field, enter your SRID number; In the Group ID field, enter the Rx Group ID found on the bottom right corner of your ID card underneath the Optum Rx logo.
Virus/antigen detection and antibody testing
Please note: COVID-19 testing needed for your employment, education, public health or surveillance (monitoring) purposes, may be covered when required by applicable law. Benefits will be processed according to your health benefit plan, and health benefit plans generally do not cover testing for surveillance or public health purposes. We continue to monitor regulatory developments during emergency periods.
Additional resources you may access during this time
We've expanded access to a number of services and resources to help support our members during this time of national emergency.
Talk to a provider from home using telehealth
RMHP expanded access to telehealth so you can stay in the comfort of your home and get the right care. Telehealth can be used for both COVID-19 and non-COVID-19 health care needs. Learn about telehealth coverage and options.
Get your medications delivered
Pharmacy delivery is available through Optum Home Delivery.
Take care of your emotional health
In a stressful time, it can be hard to cope. Talking to someone may help you feel better. Here are some ways to connect and take care of yourself.
If you or someone you know wants to talk about any mental health, substance use or emotional concern, Colorado Crisis Services can help, 24/7/365. Call 844-493-TALK (8255), or text TALK to 38255, and you’ll be connected with a trained professional who will provide free, confidential support, and who can connect you to further resources if needed.
Call an RMHP advocate
If you have benefits questions, need help finding a health care provider, or need help coordinating your call, contact us.
Access your health plan account
Sign in to MyRMHP, to get access to benefit information, plan materials (including your ID card), cost and claims trackers, tools and resources to help you navigate your care, and more.
Check if your eligible with Health First Colorado (Colorado’s Medicaid Program)
As many Coloradans struggle with job loss resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic, the Department of Health Care Policy & Financing (HCPF) is here to keep Coloradans covered with health insurance through Health First Colorado and Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+). Learn more at www.colorado.gov/hcpf/HereForYou.
We’re committed to keeping you up to date on COVID-19. We’re taking note of your questions and working hard to provide answers. We’re making daily updates to the site. Please check back often for the latest information.
RMHP is here to help. Contact us.
We have created rules and practices that may apply to some of our products at this time. The information is a summary and is subject to change. To speak to a representative about your benefits, contact us.