You CAN Eat Dessert!
Believe it or not, you are about to be told that you CAN eat dessert! In fact, certain dessert choices are actually considered healthy. There is nothing wrong with indulging in a sweet treat every so often, as long as you generally adhere to a wholesome diet. Choosing wisely is an excellent way to fulfill a craving for something sweet without throwing off your goal of healthy living.
When it comes to dessert, there are so many choices! But eating a double scoop of ice cream or an enormous brownie is never going to be considered a nourishing choice. Fortunately, there are many low-fat and low-calorie dessert options including pies, puddings and even brownies that are easy and delicious.
There are many well-known sources of healthy dessert recipes available on the internet. Access to these recipes is free, and many include nutritional information and reviews from individuals who have made the recipe and tasted the final product. Some of our favorites are:
- Cooking Light – Cooking Light states that its dessert recipes allow you to “healthfully indulge your sweet tooth.” On its list of 100 Healthy Dessert Ideas are recipes for chocolate-hazelnut mousse, lemon cream pie, roasted banana pudding, and much more!
- The Food Network – The Food Network describes its healthy dessert recipes as “desserts to feel good about.” With more than 100 recipes in its healthy treat section, this website provides instructions for baking sweets such as pumpkin brulee cheesecake, cheesecake brownies, frozen pumpkin mousse pie, and dozens of other options.
- Eating Well – The motto of Eating Well is “Where Good Taste Meets Good Health.” The healthy treat recipes included on this website are accompanied by scrumptious-looking images of each dessert that will make your mouth water. Recipes are organized by category and are easy to find.
- AllRecipes – There are plenty of healthy dessert recipes listed on AllRecipe.com’s website. Each is viewer-rated with stars, and the recipes can be sorted by popularity, newest, or title.
- Food.com – An abundance of healthy dessert recipes exist on Food.com’s website. From peach cobbler to chewy chocolate cookies to German apple cake – this website has something for everyone’s taste!
A good motto to follow with most things is everything in moderation. And, when it comes to sweets, wholesome options are an excellent choice. It’s important to remember that just because something is labeled as healthy does not mean it doesn’t taste great.
If you are hoping to maintain your current weight or if you are aiming to lose a few pounds, good-for-you treats do not necessarily have to be avoided altogether. Healthy sweets can be made with plenty of heart-smart ingredients that allow you to satisfy your craving while sticking to a nutritious diet at the same time!
What are some of your favorite healthy dessert recipes? Share them in the comments!