Online Wellness Resources
The internet can be an excellent tool in your quest for wellness. A plethora of tools, websites, and resources are available to help you along your journey to health. The tricky part is finding the right tools. Here are five different types of online resources to explore.
- Do you know how much protein you need, or what your risk for heart disease is? Check this list of unique health calculators to find out the cost of smoking or your fat intake levels. The University of Colorado provides an extensive list of health calculators available free online. http://www.uch.edu/conditions/wellness-prevention/wellness-tools/health-calculators/
- Research shows exercising with a group or buddy helps you stay motivated and on track for reaching your health goals. Find and meet other individuals with similar healthy hobbies on http://www.meetup.com/
- Nearly 20% of children are overweight or obese. Knowing how to keep your children healthy can be stressful and daunting. Here’s a resource for your child’s nutrition and exercise needs: http://www.nourishinteractive.com/nutrition-tools-healthy-family
- It’s recommended you get 10,000 steps in every day yet finding inspiration to do more walking can be difficult. This online walking challenge helps you reach that goal. You collect rewards, share your journey with virtual walking buddies with tips and support throughout your challenge. http://www.walkingwithattitude.com/index
- SparkPeople has built an array of tools, recipes and guides that feature healthy options. If you’re passionate about healthy living, SparkPeople can be a great resource for you. http://www.sparkpeople.com/.
Best of health.