RMHP offers a Disease Management Program designed to help our members take an active role in staying healthy following a heart attack by following a heart healthy lifestyle and taking their medications as prescribed. What RMHP is doing
Things you can do
- Calling and sending information to members after a heart attack stressing the importance of regular cholesterol testing and blood pressure monitoring as well as taking their medicine as prescribed.
- Providing Individual support from a RN Health Educator for members after a heart attack. Call 1-888-847-6466.
- Ask your doctor for your blood pressure reading and cholesterol levels and set goals appropriate for you.
- Eat a heart healthy low-fat, high fiber diet. Include fruits, vegetables, low fat dairy products, lean meats and skinless poultry, fish such as salmon and mackerel, and nuts in your diet. Limit your sodium (salt) intake.
- Stay active. It is recommended that you include at least 30 minutes of activity each day to help maintain a healthy weight. Speak with your doctor about an exercise plan that is right for you.
- Learn ways to soothe yourself when you are feeling stressed; relaxation techniques such as deep breathing, meditation and yoga are helpful to many people.
- Know the effects of using tobacco and/or secondhand smoke on heart disease. If you use tobacco, ask your doctor for help to quit. For free telephone counseling/support, call Colorado Quitline at 800-639-QUIT or visit their website at www.myquitpath.com
For more information or to enroll in our Cardiovascular Disease Management Program, call our RN Health Educator at 1-888-847-6466.
Care Management Online Self-Referral Form