The Care You Need to Stay Healthy
We want to help you and your family stay healthy. That's why we put together this set of websites that have accurate vaccine information. We want you to know what the experts recommend you do to keep healthy. Use the information in these tools to talk with your doctor or nurse about what is best for you and your family.
What Do Immunizations Do?
- Vaccines help make you immune to serious diseases without getting sick first. They work by preparing a person's body to fight illness.
- Each immunization contains either a dead or a weakened germ (or parts of it) that causes a particular disease.
- The body practices fighting the disease by making antibodies that recognize specific parts of that germ.
- Without a vaccine, you must actually get a disease in order to become immune to the germ that causes it.
- Vaccines are the best way to protect health