What does it take to be successful? Motivation? Perseverance? Commitment to achieve your goals?
Yes. Yes. And Yes.
What does it take to manage your health?
The same. Like achieving other goals, there is a reward at the end: better health!
Even if your New Year’s Resolutions have gone by the way side long ago, now is the perfect time to start again. Or, you can rebel against tradition and make resolutions to live healthy now!
You can achieve better health management! Follow this guide to help you succeed with your healthy living goals:
- Write down your goals and review them periodically. Visualization and tracking hold you accountable to yourself and help you to stay on track.
- Identify one food or drink you have each day that you can replace with something healthier. Example: swapping the morning muffin for a whole grain English muffin with peanut butter OR replacing the soda with carbonated water.
- Start a new challenge. Example: Check out Pinterest for the “push-up challenge” http://www.pinterest.com/godinfitness/fitness-challenges/ or sign-up for a road bike race. Enlist a partner to join you or challenge you in the competition. You’re more likely to follow-through if someone else is doing it, too!
- Tell others about your plan and ask for support: When those around you support you to be successful, you’re more likely to succeed.
- If you get off track, regroup and get going again. It’s normal to lose focus, motivation or to even need a break from new challenges. The important thing is to regain your sense of drive and get back on course.
What has helped you to achieve your healthy living goals? Let us know in the comments!