After a long, hectic week, nothing’s better than blowing off a little steam with your best girlfriends. Laughter shared across the table creates serotonin (the feel good hormone), a neurotransmitter that helps combat depression and provides a feeling of well-being.
But a night out with the girls doesn’t have to mean happy hour in a crowded bar with lots of fattening foods and sugary alcoholic beverages. There are plenty of ways to get your girl fix without paying for it in the morning, or on the scale.
Healthy Girl’s Night Out Ideas:
- Purchase a Groupon or Living Social offer together and bond over a new experience. Indoor skydiving, anyone?
- Start a “Food Club” and host the first event at your place. Prepare healthy fare together from a select region of the world.
- Throw a low-stakes poker party – no guys allowed!
- Have a DIY night and create crafts befitting the season. Pinterest provides an endless stream of inspiration for those so inclined.
- Break out the Wii and “Just Dance”!
- Take in a concert or a professional sporting event
- Go bowling – the shoes are always good for a laugh!
- Hit the rink. Ice skating or roller skating… whichever’s in season
- Hit the spa for a massage, manicure, pedicure or all of the above
Still not inspired?
You can always have an old-school sleepover, play Bunco, catch a movie, hit the mall or pick a new restaurant for a healthy meal out together. It doesn’t really matter what you do. It is important to indulge in laughter and friendship on a regular basis… it does a body good!