As a Colorado-based, not-for-profit health plan, Rocky Mountain Health Plans is in a unique position to understand and care for the people that live in this great state.
Founded in 1974, we offer a wide range of medical benefit options, including PPO, HMO, and Health Savings Account-eligible plans.
The organization’s headquarters are in Grand Junction. Regional offices are in Denver, Colorado Springs, and Durango.
Rocky Mountain and affiliated entities provide services to 295,755 enrollees:
– 2,342 fully-insured employer groups with 30,771 Members
– 96 self-funded employer groups with 63,131 Members
– 12,588 Individuals
– 25,306 Medicare beneficiaries
– 122,469 Medicaid Accountable Care Collaborative members
– 31,909 Medicaid Prime Members
– 9,581 children under the Child Health Plan Plus program
For nearly 40 years, Rocky Mountain Health Plans has remained independent in an industry where buyouts and consolidations are routine. We continue to make decisions at the local level to serve and protect Members, not shareholders.
We are committed to improving the lives of our Members and the health of our communities. By offering innovative health plans and providing Colorado-based customer service, we stay true to our traditions of putting people before profits and honoring the rights of physicians and patients in medical decision-making.
Rocky Mountain offers one of the largest provider networks in Colorado:
– 2,631 primary care doctors
– 7,954 specialists
– 7,115 non-physician specialty providers
– 105 hospitals
– 712 outpatient facilities
– 689 pharmacies
– 100 ambulatory surgery centers
Rocky Mountain Health Plans contributes significantly to Colorado’s economy by circulating more than $475 million in annual revenue throughout the state.
Rocky Mountain has also been named a Platinum Well Workplace by the Wellness Councils of America. We earned this recognition by successfully meeting rigorous health promotion standards. By earning this prestigious designation, we are recognized as one of America's Healthiest Companies.